Monday, October 12, 2009

Giving Thanks


Many people take time to celebrate our holidays, but do they actually appreciate the true meaning of them.  Today, being the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday, I would like to acknowledge that I am happy and grateful to have such amazing people in my life.  Everything is not always a bowl of cherries, however there is valuable time spent, and many lessons learned from each interaction I have encountered.  I've learned that people don't always meet your expectations, but sometimes when you least expect it and most desperately need it they exceed them.  I've learned that behind every tough exterior lurks a pure and forgiving soul that desires to be needed and loved.  I've also learned that everything you want in life is achievable, all you have to do is set forth the desire, ask it of the universe, and surround yourself with those who love you, accept you, and support you.  The most valuable lesson I've learned is that you cannot receive what you do not give.  So, I choose to give love, respect, thanks and support to those people who are in my life.  With all the love in my heart, Happy Thanksgiving, Yvette.

No comments:

Post a Comment